Is this what L2 players waited for?
It’s been quite a while since I posted any update on the situation, so here we go.
First of all, I would really appreciate if you stopped thinking that we are withholding any info that can be shared with you.
Next, a bit of update. I still can’t grant you with a definite “yes” or “no”, but we are in the middle of making a site for collecting registrations. We will release it within a month so get ready to call your friends who might be excited about the possibility to play good old L2.
“Collecting registrations” means that we will give you an opportunity to make a statement that you are really interested in a Classic server. From our side, launching a game is a serious decision and before we make it we want to see how many of you are actually out there.
- What to expect from this?
- How many registered players and those that want to play L2Classic will satisfy Innova, and here we speak about “will the project investment be worthy”?
- How “big” the monthly subscription gonna be?Same as on RU/KO servers?
- What will they do about bots?
- Will the rates be same as they are for Korean and Russian servers, since EU players are much casual compared to KO/RU communities?
- In case rates will be different, will this affect monthly fee to play the game?
- What if project loses players over the time and stops being worth running(money issue)? (Merging with Russian servers?)
- Will EU classic have same type of updates as RU/KO?
- Will RU players be forbidden on EU classic server?
- Will there be a new forum or just a L2Classic section on already existing one?(This would prevent pointless spam from those who are fine with staying on Core)
– Much more to clear out before final decision.
– We should expect big amount of players joining Lineage 2 Classic server according to reactions of players at L2 social networks.
– A question will they open a server is pointless, a question do they think should they open a server is also pointless. The fact is that everything “spins” around the money, and fact is there will be players trying to earn real money out of in game currency…after all its Lineage 2.
– What we can do, is thank the community and people like CM Onyx who is for sure doing his best to contribute to decision which is most realistic for players and company (Innova).Most of questions, will be answered when the website that Innova announced will be up, we will know for sure more what the real situation will be.
– We are officially inviting everyone who will be interested in joining such server to write on Forum – players joining L2 classic server , we need to wait and see when the live date will be or will there be a server at all. In this case there are options to go to Russian 4game.ru servers and use English patch and join rest of international community which is playing there.
Best regards, TZG Team